Happy Friday, my sewing friends! This will be short, I just wanted to show the handmade panties I made some days ago. Yes, I make my own lingerie too, at least panties for now.! This is a thing can only seamstress understand and couple of friends who own the panties you made for them :). I use to sew some panties as a gift for my friend and also for myself. We both just love these, they are so comfortable and our most loved and worn panties.
I used Watson bikini pattern and it’s great, just perfect. Thank You, Amy for such a great pattern. It is easy to sew , small project that you can make in short time and can finally use those tiny fabric scraps sitting in you fabric box for awhile. And this is a sewing project you can make also only with your sewing machine. I used serger for side seams, but you can also use you sewing machine and don’t need to own the serger to make them perfect. For the rest you need only zigzag stitch on your machine. Isn’t that great?
And here are some old ones I made last year. I took photos from my Instagram, because I just can’t find them on my desktop anymore. And there are even more who are lost in my pictures.
Here are couple of my favorite online resources for lingerie making:
- Cloth Habit – Watson bra & bikini pattern and great source of tutorials how to make your own lingerie.
- Madalynne – such an inspirational blog about lingerie making, free and cost lingerie patterns.
- Ohhh Lulu – handmade lingerie to buy or make your own, sewing patterns, tutorials. Here are the tutorial how to sew knits without a serger.
- Lingerie Elastic 3 ways – all the stitches you need to know to make your panties. Very easy tutorial to follow!
- If you are Latvian, I suggest you to follow Kniepadatas blogs. Girl writes about sewing and lingerie making in Latvian language and she even going to teach classes about lingerie making.
Do you sew your own lingerie? What is your favorite thing about underwear making?